We are so excited to release some new colour options this year! This year they are READY TO SHIP. We stock VERY LIMITED amounts of these t-shirts year round and we are so excited to be expanding the options for this years Small + Mighty shirts.
Want to place a group order for your hospital? If we don't have the quantities you need please send us an email with sizes + quantities to firstname.lastname@example.org
As hospital sites can not take gifts onto their units this year, we are shipping directly to the families themselves. We need the families to fill out a form on our Small+Mighty Project page. Please help us spread the word about how the families can recieve Small+Mighty Project.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this shirt go directly back to our Small+Mighty Project, bringing joy to families across Canada in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
T shirts (semi fitted) :
white / coral / metro blue / sand / light blue - 100% cotton, preshrunk
purple - 65% cotton, 35% polyester
3/4 Sleeve Raglan:
white w/ black sleeves - 50% cotton, 50% polyester
This is a unisex shirt so please be sure to check out the size chart.
*Image size may very depending on the shirt size.
Sir Issac Newton, Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, and Stevie Wonder all share one thing in common: they were all born premature.
Facts straight from The Calgary Health Trust:
• Every year more than 15 million children are born prematurely worldwide and over one million will die, making premature birth the leading cause of death among newborns.
• Calgary has one of the highest rates of premature births in Canada (1 in 8).
• The effects of prematurity can vary, but have a life-long impact including to neurodevelopment, hearing, vision and respiratory systems.
• Advances made in neonatal care in the past few decades have drastically increased survival rates among premature infants and decreased long term effects on their development.
• Babies born as young as 23 weeks gestation are cared for in the NICU.
• While the average term infant weighs approximately 7 ½ pounds, the smallest premature infants may weigh less than 500 grams.
• Calgary has five NICUs including the highest level of intensive care units at Foothills Medical Centre and Alberta Children’s Hospital and special care nurseries at Rockyview General Hospital, Peter Lougheed Centre and South Health Campus.